Shlenker Parents Association (SPA)
What is the Shlenker Parents Association?
The Shlenker Parents Association (SPA) is a volunteer group of parents, teachers, and administrators working together to create a better school and educational experience for our children.
The SPA Mission
The mission of the Shlenker Parents Association (SPA) is to advance the partnership between the Early Childhood and Elementary parents, teachers, and administrators. The SPA'S volunteer-driven operations aim to augment the education of every child, promote Shlenker's programs and special events, and foster the spirit of our school community members.
What does the SPA do?
The Shlenker Parents Association supports the school in a multitude of ways. SPA sponsors several activities and programs that benefit and enrich classroom learning as well as coordinate family and community events. SPA offers an assortment of fundraising programs throughout the school year so that SPA can contribute valuable dollars to The Shlenker School’s annual budget. The SPA also facilitates and coordinates the Annual Book Fair to raise money for the School library.
The purposes of the SPA are to:
- Assist the administration and faculty in advancing the objectives of The Shlenker School;
- Encourage, promote, and coordinate parents’ volunteer efforts in various school-related activities in order to enhance the student experience;
- Offer support to the administration as a talent/skills resource;
- Provide a communication link among parents, administrators, faculty, members of Congregation Beth Israel, and students, in order to promote a heightened sense of community;
- Provide financial support for SPA activities and projects which support and enhance the educational goals and student welfare.